Thursday, December 4, 2008

DIY

I was watching Written on the Wind at work as I was closing tonight (since Sirk keeps coming up in conversation lately) and the disc kept skipping. It made me think of something.

I've long held a theory that when you first see a movie dictates what it's like. It has nothing to do with what was filmed, nothing to do with every review a critic has ever made, nothing to do with the movie everyone else saw. When you see it, it is the way you were meant to see it in that moment. For instance. If I see Dog Day Afternoon on Wednesday, November 11th 2012, I will see the film as it exists in space and time clustered together at that moment. Awe Hell, it's Schrodinger's cat.

Moving on! I have figured out a step towards chronol freedom (going along with Written on the Wind, I promise!). I am going to scratch each disc before it is passed off to the person who purchases it (I will inform them before they put it into a DVD player, don't worry). They will get to choose what they purchase. "Standard"-no scratches and "Director's cut"-scratched disc. They will not be tested "for quality assurance" because they are all of quality.

This way, every time they play it, it will be a different experience. Plus, it keeps in line with my mantra of aging/worn items.

Just tinkering...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin